Economic, high-volume separation starts here. P-Klone Hydrocyclones use centrifugal force, usually driven by existing process pressure, to separate oil from water in less than two seconds. Each unit is small and lightweight, making it easy to ship, install and start up. It fits space-constrained environments and is unaffected by orientation or motion, making it perfect for offshore use.
- Cost-effective, efficient way to reduce oil concentration prior to secondary de-oiling.
- Eliminates the cost of a feed pump by using existing process pressure.
- Easy to ship, install and start up, making it ideal for temporary and long-term projects.
- Low risk technology, with nearly 30 years of proven performance and thousands of units in service.
- Easy to maintain with no moving parts, no failure-prone mechanisms, and no fugitive emissions.
- Works flawlessly regardless of orientation or pitch and roll motions offshore.
- Wide turndown range allows flow rates ideal to your operation.
P-Klone converts the velocity of water flowing from the production separator into centrifugal force. The shape of the unit causes the water to form a vortex, much like a whirlpool. The water moves faster as the sides taper in, causing a reverse-flowing low-pressure area in the center. The heavier water moves to the outside wall of the unit, while the lighter oil concentrates in the center. Water exits at the clean-water outlet and the oil exits at the opposite end. This entire separation process happens in less than two seconds.
- ASME code pressure vessel, vertical or horizontal orientation
- Flanged liner access
- Complete process review
- Materials of construction:
- Pressure vessel: internally coated carbon steel
- Support plates: coated carbon steel
- Internals: Duplex 2205
- Blanking liners to adapt for low-flow conditions
- Pump-driven system
- Skid, piping, instrumentation and controls
- Water characterization services
- Treatment chemical selection services
- Upgraded materials for vessels, internals, valves, instruments, piping (Duplex SS, Hasteloy)
- Ancillary equipment such as transfer pumps and chemical injection
- Cold-weather protection such as skid enclosure and insulation
- Other options as required to meet your specifications