Sabian® BWS Filters
Sabian filters are high-efficiency, cost-saving performers. A single vessel can deliver throughputs up to 50,000 BWPD for vertical filters and 125,000 BWPD for horizontal filters at a target water quality of <3 ppm oil-in-water. Each small-footprint, easy-to-install unit incorporates a patented internal backwash cycle that uses no moving parts and minimizes backwash volume. These features save you capital, auxiliary equipment, site space, energy, filter media and downtime.
- High single-vessel capacity, less piping and auxiliary equipment, and fewer controls lead to lower installation costs.
- Conservative flux rate, lower backwash frequency, and reduced energy consumption and media attrition reduce operating costs.
- No failure-prone internal scrubbers, pumps or other moving parts minimize maintenance costs.
- Negligible upstream surge capacity is required because the same pump and water are used for feed and backwash, allowing use of existing tanks with no flow diversion.
- Large horizontal configurations are available without the dead zones, tar balls and wormholes common with other products.
- Turndown capacity to 45% of maximum flow gives you predictable results in unpredictable flow conditions.
As produced water flows through the filter, oil and solids are trapped in a media bed of ground black walnut shells. When the media becomes saturated, a backwash cycle is triggered by either a preset time or pressure drop. A mixture of compressed air and water is injected to fluidize, agitate and quickly clean the media inside the filter. Oil and oily solids are easily shed from the water-wet walnut shell media. The cleaned media then resettles for one minute and the filter is back in service.The system is completely hydraulic with no mechanical agitators or scrubbers. The media settles much more evenly than with other systems, thus eliminating dead zones, tar balling and wormhole (channeling) problems.
- 100 psig ASME code vessel
- One charge of crushed black walnut shell media
- Dedicated solenoid box
- Structural steel skid for vessel and pipe work
- On-skid piping, valves and fittings
- Water-resistant control panel
- Materials of construction:
- Filter vessel: internally coated carbon steel
- Removable internals: 316 SS
- Piping: internally coated carbon steel
- Backwash treatment tank
- Upgraded materials for pumps, valves, instruments, piping
- Ancillary equipment such as transfer pumps and chemical injection
- Cold-weather protection such as skid enclosure and tank insulation
- Water characterization services