The Horizontal Filter Separator is a sturdy, combination package designed to remove contaminants from liquid-free natural gas streams.
Available in single and dual boot configurations, filter-separators, containing one micron filter elements, are used for the removal of dust, rust and small particles and handle gas capacities up to 321 MMscfd at 1400 psig.
Vessels containing 0.3 micron elements are used for the removal of lube oil and other contaminants and handle gas capacities up to 221 MMscfd at 1400 psig. Exterran also offers expertise to design and build customized units outside of our standard range.
The filter separators are designed for high gas/low liquid flow operations and are typically employed upstream and downstream of compressors, glycol dehydration units and fuel gas applications.
- Expedited production drawings available as early as 4-5 business days for faster planning
- Single well or multi well designs available along with full pad well designs
- Robust skid design and commitment to service help bring operations online quickly
- Cost-effective maintenance
- Installation and commissioning of the units to facilitate and speed startup
- Industry-leading delivery to speed startup
As natural gas enters the unit, filter tubes and elements in the first section capture solid particles and cause any liquids present in the stream to coalesce into larger droplets. In the second section, the wire mesh or vane mist extractor captures the liquid droplets. The resulting stream is then virtually free of all particles two microns and larger.
The standard unit is equipped with one or two liquid boots to collect fluids removed from the gas stream. The fluids are discharged from the vessel by means of an automatic level controller and level control valve.
- Pressure relief valve
- Sight glass/level gauges with gauge cock
- Liquid level controller
- Pressure indicator
- Temperature indicator connection
- Instrument gas supply drip pot
- Instrument gas header
- Pressure safety valve
- High/low pressure regulator
- Lifting lugs for safe handling
- API 14C rated
- Flanged connections
- Sentry closure
- Skid mounted with drain pan
- Concrete blocks
- Full installation
- Sour gas service built to the NACE standard