Exterran’s REVOLIFT® CFU (Compact Flotation Unit) targets outputs as low as 20 ppm in a much smaller footprint as compared to typical induced gas flotation (IGF) systems. As produced water moves continuously through multiple chambers, microbubbles are introduced to lift small suspended oil particles to the surface where they are skimmed off. The combination of sequential removal and our patented microbubble flotation (MBF®) technology allows for a highly efficient removal of sheared oils. The system is purely hydraulic with no internal moving parts, giving continuous, trouble-free separation in a single vertical tank ranging in flow rates from 10,000 to 150,000 BWPD.
The REVOLIFT® CFU uses fluid hydraulics coupled with MBF® to optimize oil-in-water separation. The multi-chambered design has no internal moving parts and requires no mechanical adjustments. Produced water enters the chambers sequentially as microbubbles are introduced. With reduced retention time, the velocities are directed centrifugally throughout each chamber to avoid short circuiting. Oil is lifted upon the bubble layer and is skimmed off by overflowing an oil weir. The water then flows into the next chamber where more microbubbles are introduced and more oil is separated. The process drives itself hydraulically through all chambers, and water exits the system achieving targets as low as 20 ppm.
- Designed for easy tie in and low install cost.
- Simplified engineered design for lower CAPEX.
- Multi-chambered design handles variable flows, pitch and roll, and upsets without performance impact or short-circuiting problems.
- Can be installed in shop built tanks for high flow, light oil applications or vessel based for offshore.
- Wide turndown range handles variable flows without performance loss.
- Wide operating range handling variations in inlet water qualities.
- Microbubble technology via ONYX® pump or Gas Liquid Reactor (GLR®)
- API vertical tank design code
- Hydraulic skimming
- Piping, valves, and cabling between inlet and outlet of unit
- Instrumentation and controls for full automation with PLC based controls
- Complete process review
Material of Construction
- Tank: FRP, internally coated Carbon Steel or Duplex SS
- Piping: FRP, internally coated Carbon Steel, or Duplex SS
- Instruments: 316 SS wetted parts
- ONYX® pump: Duplex SS
- GLR® vessel: internally coated Carbon Steel or Duplex 2205
- Water characterization services
- Chemical selection and supply
- Ancillary equipment such as transfer pumps and chemical injection
- Computational fluid dynamics modeling
Gas Flotation Tank
Site Specific Questions?
Contact us today to learn how we can help you enhance operational efficiences and achieve a better bottom line.Email: water@Exterran.com